Monday, April 22, 2019

KCTD15 Tres Dias: The opening up of a sisterhood


"Make a friend
be a friend
lead a friend to Christ"

My experience at Tres Dias 
Handmade Palanca~Agape Ideas - Your Fourth Day Connection
KCTD15 

Who is this band of women that call forth the lost, the weary and the bold to a 3 day weekend?


What motivates Tres Dias' volunteers to give up a 3 day weekend of their lives & pay like I did to attend?

I am going to suggest an answer. 
Fresh revelation from God 
& Friendship

Why is Tres Dias different?


1.I stayed for 3 whole days and nights. 

Like over night.  Like summer camp but for women that might not realize (that's me) they need recharged like this.  We send off our kids for a week to camp.  Why not do it yourself?  Seriously. It's only 3 days set apart. 

2. Everyone else stayed for three days

This is a unique dynamic. A decent sized group of women committed to a process of renewal together. A process of trusting others with time and schedule and giving my heart to seeking the One I love. BTW its mostly a group of women that I did not know.  
Woah.
Thats major. 
Usually I plan a trip to, say Dallas with women I know and love to see a well known speaker.  Then, we go out to eat and spit 2 hotel rooms and laugh until it's late and do it again the next day. Drive home and done.  Good stuff but,  Tres Dias is so very different than this safe method of retreat.  

3. It's 3 whole nights away

The collective heart disposition over a three day weekend is a powerful moving force for breakthrough.  That's what I found, breakthrough in the area of stubbornness.  And God used this corporate gathering of daughters to cleanse what was left of my distrust towards 'women in a family'.  
A washing or cleansing of my soul.  
um, wow. Chapel time was wonderful. And the reading of the prayers together saturated me in LOVE.
It is tough to be a 1st generation Kingdom minded person!  I was doing just fine honestly, but then God upgraded my damaged thinking towards women.  I am a month out from my Tres Dias weekend KCTD15 and have come to desire the Thursday opening evening experience again! Turns out I might even volunteer in the fall along with beautiful friends that I connected with on weekend.  These women are amazing.  My life has been forever enriched.
They might even turn up to support your daughters volleyball team in prayer and encouragement while out of town playing!  So special.  Thank you Nicole for spending the day with us in Minneapolis! 
Image may contain: 8 people, including Dawn Russell Albers and Gretchen Aerni, people smiling, people standing



Your invited to KCTD16 !
Image may contain: mountain, text, outdoor and nature
Ask me how to get involved in this sisterhood of Faith
http://www.kctd.org/
Nancy Fournier, thank you for considering me as a candidate.  Your gift of friendship to me is irreplaceable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment