Today was a step in the right direction. Poor Ava is doing
much better, no pukey today...but she did not get out of bed
all day. Our Speaker today Dean Sherman was a hoot. He is
really a dynamic teacher. He and Most of the pastors at
LIFE Church are friends! I was so glad to discover that! Dusty
and I took shifts all day so someone could be with Ava, and we
could keep up with school.
LIFE Church are friends! I was so glad to discover that! Dusty
and I took shifts all day so someone could be with Ava, and we
could keep up with school.
After class and Dusty's work duties,(he is in house keeping 2 hours
a day, perfect job for him and his detailed sence of things!) He took
Amber Lou to the Garden of the God's and to the park in Manitou Springs
for pizza and evangelizing.
DADDY DAUGHTER DATE NIGHT!
Yup, that little city next to us and on the mountian is a really dark place in need of the Light of Christ. There are alot of very lonely, lost kiddos there. I am so out of touch with what kiddos call them selves, so I am sure they would not agree with this label...(What is 'Emo' and 'Sceen' by the way? lol) Hippy-ish. Dreads, tye-dye, big bongos, banjo's, really long pipes, twirling ropes with balls on the end, and YOUNG girls hanging around the local teenage drum players while hey smoke. We went there last weekend with about 20 of our class mates and saw it first hand. The strip was full of natural cures,clothes, and palm readers. Wow. so, Dusty and Amber went back to the same park we stumbled upon last weekend with a box of pizza hoping to find some kiddos to love on. And they did. Amber Lou said after she got ready for bed that
there were 'alot of little girls, but not that little and one had pink hair!' Dusty said that there were a group of 10 or so 5-6th grade girls that came over and hung out with them as they ate. They were a bit intimidating from a distance as they hung out with much older boys playing the drums, but once they got to talking he said they were just kids looking for a friend. He saw no parents the entire he and Amber were there. They told them about YWAM, where we are headed and why. He was so blessed by it all that he volenteered to to the laundry when he got home!!!! Praise the Lord! lol!
Thank you Father God for this awesome oppertunity for Amber and Dusty to share your love
with these kidds. A seed planted, now God, I trust that you will water it....cause it to grow. Thank you for this oppertunity to build Amber Lou's Faith. You are so good to us. Show us how to Love, not how to be religious. Show us how to reach a world in need of your touch. Thank you for showing them right here in our back yard that there are needs.




Mmmmmmm I sure do love those babies. I wish I could watch the sick one for ya while you're doing all that learning. Miss you.
ReplyDelete