Friday, April 2, 2010

Follow up to We are Here at YWAM @the Park in COlorado Springs...

YouthWith a Mission Stratigic Frontiers @ The Park
GOD IS in our midst,for real! lol. Thank you Father for this Unique experience!!!
I am really feeling settled in already as far as our mini house goes, not so much with the environment yet.  All of the staff is so thrilled to see us newbees and most of us look like deer in the headlights!  It is really overwhelming to know that most of the families here have done the unthinkable.  Sold it ALL to GO.  I know that when tomorrow comes and the routine setts in I will be better. 

Dusty just said "This day was interesting...I feel at home here.  I love you are you coming to bed?"  lol. I need to though!  Breakfast is at 6:45am!!!  Um, did anyone ask me if that fit my schedule? lol!  Dusty is laughing...he got a kick out of that!  He is a total morning person after having to leave for work during the 4am hour for years!  And I am well a morning  person too, I like to enjoy them sleeping though!  I will have to let everyone know how that goes!
Kay, so again...this is the view from the front of the school.  Pikes' Peek.  It is awe inspiring.  I am a bit relieved thou.  I tend to feel a bit closed in when I am in a valley w/tall mountians all around like at Dusty's sisters house in BEAUTIFUL Arizona.  Anyway, we are pretty much on top of one level of mountains with this big daddy to the west of us.  Amber Lou was a bit peeved that she did not get to climb mountains  today though.  HaHA.
So, here is our room!  It is (according to my hubby) 30ish feet x 15feet!  The closet fitts our clothes and shoes and we have a fridge and microwave just on the other side of the big dresser you see.  A really cute arm chair and foot rest too and a long sitting bench too over there!  A desk and 2 nights stands to boot!

Here is Ava's bed and fort......think She packed enought shoes?  My goodness!

                                                                   Here is their dresser...

Here is Amber Lou's bed and Fort...they LOVE these bunk beds!  They get to climb right on up to a getaway! So fun for them!

The bathroom....we have TWO of them!  Not sure why that excites me but it does!!
Here is a little reading nook not far from the lobby area...(Very nice) there are a few of them in each wing.
Did I mension there are 120 staff here?  Wow was I surprised to hear that.

Here is the rememberance wall just outside of the big ball room where we had a yummy dinner tonight.

Here is us at dinner.  Our neighbors...Heather, Steve, Austin and oh I wish I could remember the other little huys name sat w/us and took this pic.  There are pwople ffrom all over the world and midwest here.  So cool!

And the dessert.

Here is the walk back to our room...out the window to the right is the pool that will be filled in 2 weeks!
This cute little traveler I had to addd...and her footie....even cuter!

Does a mama ever tire tickeling little tosies?

No comments:

Post a Comment