So, Here are the TOP TEN things I took to heart from Last weeks
teachings here at YWAM as I promised!
In no particular order:
"HEARING THE VOICE OF GOD" teacher Paul Hawkins
(Photos compliments of Dusty on his date with Ava and some of his new friends here.
No, I would not have allowed Ava to scale down a cliff like that! That is why children need
2 parents I guess! lol)
#1.)Prayer is meant to be the sequential un-
folding revelation of the will of God.
#2.)Prayer is meant to be the place of instruc-
tion in the ways of God.
#3.)Have no other motive in prayer than
to know the Father, because He wants to
direct what goes on in the world through
prayer....WOOOOOWEEE!!!
#4.)Prayer is to enter the activity
already going on of His speaking to His
children. Thinking the thought's of God,
to bring His will to the earth...are you
kidding me? How cool is that, we, mere
mortals get to take part in this? Praise
you Father!!!
#6.)Learning to hear God's Voice is a way
to exercise your spirit. We are all
spiritual, there is no separation, no
secular and sacred. We are walking spirits,
made in the image of God even if we think
we are not.
#7.)It is vital to hear his voice, seek his
council, and obey what he tells us. In order
to do this we must KNOW God, His nature, his
character, his ways. He is loving, wise,
just, merciful, kind, forgiving, faithful,
and good. He is all about RELATIONSHIP
restoration! Never be afraid of the will
of God. Eph 5 urges us to understand what
the will of God is. Based on God's character
we can trust that he will speak to us.
#8.)With out knowledge of who God is we become
beggars in prayer instead of coming boldly
into the place of prayer. God can, will and
wants to effect the whole world through our
prayers! Including our lives, and so much,
much more!
#9.)HEARING THE VOICE OF GOD IS NOT A GIFT!
We have imperfect knowledge unlike our holy
Father. He asks us to be holy like him in
our motivations of the heart. He is our
loving Father, who wants us to curl up on
his lap and hang out with him, if you are
in relationship with him you have access.
A pure heart, no known, unconfessed sin is
all that separates us. So confess it and
get back in fellowship! A pure heart is
that easy. He already sees us as holy,
set apart, his workmanship, saints.....
because Christ is in us. Let's act like it.
#10)Intercessory Prayer is prayer for others,
if we focus on prayer for others we will
learn to pray for our selves. So start
with prayer for others. We cannot 'stand
in the Gap' for our selves.....for others
only. We intercede to God for them.
Like Moses....God's plan was to destroy
the Nation of Israel, Moses' interceding
changed God's mind. His original intent.
We all were a bit perplexed by thins at
first, but there it was in black and white.
Read it for yourself....Exodus chapter 32.....
As Moses interceded for his people, Jesus
also intercedes for His. God listened to
Moses, because God would listen to Jesus.
WE HAVE A MERCIFUL GOD ALL ABOUT RESTORATION!!
Thank You So much Father God!
We actually did this in 3's last friday. Sat together, got our
hearts right with God, and 2 of us took turns seeking the Lord
on the Behalf for the 3rd person. Bamiery, a beautiful missionary
from india was given a picture in her mind for me,
of clouds breaking and the world opening up for me.
Sounds a bit like the vision I got from God that I blogged about
2 days prior to her telling me this. Katie's mind
went straight to psalms 119 when she prayed for me. Um,
if you know me, and you read this chapter of psalms you
would be amazed. I felt so loved by God after reading it.
He knew I needed that , and he spoke it through my sister
Katie...this is so beautiful!!! It's like we have been given a
formula for reproducing the really cool WOWEE moments
I have had in life with God.
Like when I prayed and sought God the week we spent
the grocery $ and told God, I trusted him to provide. My exact thoughts were, 'God, you provide for the birds of the air and I know you will provide for us. Please forgive us for our foolishness.' The exact day..... when we were
to have no food for dinner my sister Tracey Tennis from LIFE Church brought BAGS of GROCERIES to my house because God woke her in the middle of the night and TOLD HER TO DO IT. Her heart was clean, mine too, motives in line, faith in practice. I see now the pieces that went in to that. It pleases me so much to learn that! Okay, need some sleep! lol. It is only 9:25pm here but the getting up at 6am catches up with me! I love you all, I miss my O-Town Peeps!



Amazing...God is AMAZING...I just read this and thought...God provides if you let him...he want to be our Father...he wants us to ask him all things, from the littlest thing to the biggest thing...he wants to bless us and sometimes we all fight it...how could we? He smiles on you and what you and your family are doing...miss you;)
ReplyDeleteLisa Reeves