SOME AFTER THOUGHTS
(after I should be in bed that is)
Wow. We have had a blessed weekend. And we did it all
for no $! I have to say I am proud of us. That is literally a
1st for the Northrop on a weekend. I can do this whole
responsible with our provision thing after all. (Oh God, please
know I mean in your strength that is! ) It was so nice to see
Aaron. He is such a neat friend of ours. Thank you Father
for his sake arrival and safe return home.
Week 10 was an emotional one for me. Our topic was all
about Outreach dynamics. Our teacher was pretty good. I loved
his story telling ability. He really laid it on thick though for sure.
He choked up a few times while talking about his many years in
YWAM and sure enough I did too. I cannot believe that I am about
to embark on a 2 month long Outreach to a Muslim Country.
I read the book 'I dared to call Him Father.' for class and as I talked
about it in my small group Thursday I fell apart. My friend Angie
reminded me that a few weeks ago I prayed to get a heart for the
people we will serve and well it showed up as I talked about the in-
justices to women, the strongholds of lust in Islam and the need for the
99.98% of the people to hear the name of Jesus for the 1st time.
I am not really a deep worrier, or really even a massive preparer. I
tend to roll up on to a situation head first and be just fine. This is
what I did when I went to Honduras last summer. So why is this
time different God? Yup, that's what I thought....this time a lot more
is at stake. My very own dignity. Wow. What happens when I forget
and go to talk to a Muslim man....this is forbidden. Or when I make
friendly eye contact with everyone.....not okay with men. HOW WILL
THIS LOUD, OUTGOING AMERICAN WOMAN EVER FIT IN?
So, there it is...my after thoughts. God, I ask that you would continue
to give me a burden for the families we will serve together. I ask that
you would help me to remember the 1000 year old customs of these
beautiful people that are very own. I ask God that you will speak
to my sisters God, for solid ways to say goodbye, so that I will not feel
the need to be the strong one...so I can just feel, cry. Praise You Father!
I will rejoice in you always!!! Pour out your love for these people, here
and there God upon, my soul. We have heard you Father and we will
OBEY.
No comments:
Post a Comment