Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Outreach Team Building

"WHAT IS THE WORD OF THE LORD AND WHAT WILL WE DO WITH IT?"

Today was an awesome time in Class for team building. We had some really deep moments of hearing from the Lord today!!! I got a picture in my head and a totally random scripture that lined RIGHT up with it and so did others...we had UNITY through the Holy Spirit!!! Job well done I say! I was so pleased with my teams tapping into what God had for us during our OutreachTeam Value building time!

Here is a look into our time today. We had to determine our teams core values. Like, on our own! Yikes, couldn't the speaker do it for us...lol!!! Wait, God totally helped, who am I kidding! This was a really neat exercise. Our selections are as follows.

EXTERNAL VALUES:
(Focus on the Field)

1.Intercession
1Tim 2:1-4

2.Authenticity
John 13:34-35

3.Meeting Needs


4.Thanksgiving
1Tim 2:1-4

Thank you Father God, for showing up in a big way today and bringing us our 1st real taste of team unity and working together. I ask that you will as our Daddy bless us with opportunities like this to mesh us together even more into what you will have us to be. We love and trust you God.

Thank you to Dianna (Team grandma) for your reference to John 13:34-35 that represents our need for true authenticity. To have the stamp of God as (Berry put it) on all we do and who we are.

Thanks to Tim for really giving us his insight into the scriptures for 2Kings. Your way of explaining was not only used to tie things together, but it was done humbly.

Thank you Barry for obeying God and sharing with us the verses in 1Timothy. This really helped a lot with the tone for our 'setting of the values.'

Thank you to Dusty for impressing Tim and the rest of us the need for us to meet the needs of the people...as opposed to us bringing what we want to give them.

I loved Angie your picture of a white peaceful cottage that you described as as being/facilitating a place of rest for the people. I believe that this represents us walking out our authenticity also.

I saw a continual theme of the # 1. 2Kings 18:24 says worship at the one true alter. 1Tim 2:1 says 1st do.... or #1 priority is to be. It also ends with the God wanting us to know him as the 1 true God. The vision of the penny or 1 cent. Also in the one thing Cheryl kept hearing Reconciliation.

So, the question today was 'What is the word of the Lord & what are we going to do about it?' We heard from the Lord today, and I believe that we as a team we can and will be faithful to with His stregnth fulfill these values set today. I truely am honored to be serving alongside this team.

Our Personal or .....

INTERNAL VALUES

1.Abiding

2.Expectation

3.Enjoying

4.Unity

These were not easy to come up with I tell you. We have some strong personalities(me being one of them) on our team and wow, we really did it together. I was really blessed be the past 2 days in class. So cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment