Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back in the Swing of Things!

I feel like I am back to normal, after a tough transition here as staff.  Getting connected with women and the Word totally did it for me.  I thank God for meeting the needs of the very extroverted daughter of His!



(This is a pic from Turkey during a worship and Prayer time that I found the other day on a YWAM Email.  I love it.)

Monday nights are such a joy to me.  It was our 2nd gathering all 20 of us to study from the Book of Revelation by way of Beth Moore and her new Study...'Here Now, There Then.'   

I have a real love for women gathering in His name to grow closer and deeper with each other and Him.  Beth told us to do our reading of Revelation out loud, like it would have been done to the illiterate in it's day.  The opening lines to the book are

Revelation 1: 1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.  

Blessed are those that read aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it. 

I love it.  We all shared our prayer requests, and then prayed 2 by 2 for each other.  I had the privilege of praying for Linda.  She is the sister of a beautiful woman that has been a YWAM teacher for 10 years.  I have been told that she may not be a believer, but boy did she bear here heart to me tonight.  She told me of the fear as a teenager to read what was behind the pages of Revelation and her prayer was to understand it better and retain it's teachings.  I was so honored to petition Father God on her behalf.  The one thing that struck me again, was when Beth told us that....

WE HOLD OUR CHAINS, THEY DO NOT HOLD US.


Galatians 5 tells us that it was for freedom that Christ set us free, not for us to pick back up our chains. 
I also did some portraits yesterday too, of the daughters of a dear friends from my CDTS that is now on staff and helping me with Mom's lunch.  She is a blogger to, check her out.  Nancy over at , man I cannot find it!  I will have to get back with ya.  But here are her kiddos.



(Ps, pray that I get some portrait work soon.  I have a great new camera body and am in need of some Mary Kay skin care! lol)


(Good Morning girls' if a group of women seeking after God together taking 2 verses a day to meditate over and ask God about)

 
So, yesterdays reading from James, 1 verses 1 and 2 took me by surprise.  I was expecting a lighter start.  Glad though that is was what it was.  Each day we take 2 verses.  So here is day 2's readings:

 

James 1:3-4 (New International Version, ©2010)

3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

James 1:3-4 (The Message)

 2-4Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

S-The above scripture
O-My observation is this.  I must cling to the fact that if I persevere God's work can be completed in me through the trial.  I can actually take away something good, and be closer to Him that loves me so deeply. And I will lack NOTHING.  Oh, this is so my Prayer!  I am getting ahead of myself!
A-How can I apply this to my life?  Hmm, I can persevere through the tough times that I know we will come out of. 
P-Father God, my prayer to you is that I would come to a place of lacking nothing.  Nada. Zip, Zero, Zilch.  



I am loving this, 2 verses a day.  Makes it practical and user friendly!  Pray for the safe arival of friends of our from LIFE Church as they will be leaving today to come and visit their new home!  They will be joining us for the 2011 CDTS in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment