Thursday, January 6, 2011

Embrace the Camera: Bird feeders, sailboats, and the 2 men I love.

Oh the many joys of the Embrace the Camera posts.  I love it.  Above: I convinced Dusty that he was a way better bird feeder maker than I, so he did it all for me!  Below: Ava is sharpening up her snow boarding skills on Bunny hill as she calls the slopes out our back door.  Ahhh, I love this guy.  Amber today suggested for the 700th time that we adopt a little brother (not little boy).  Dusty grabbed my hand as we walked down the long hall and started telling me his 14 years from now plan.....
It went something like this.
Some day, we will be together again, (lol) and imagine it....  You and Me leading DTS's (Discipleship Training Schools -YWAM) on a sailboat in the Med.   (Yes there really are alot of cool locations like sailboats that do DTS's) No kids, just us, the water and serving God.  (Before we sold everything we owned to go into full time missions a year ago, get debt free and relocate we were once a lake family 3-4 days a week.  Dusty's job at Sysco Foods enabled him to be home by 11am-2pm daily and that meant most days 6-8 hours of sunlight left to wakeboard, swim, fish and relax as a family.  My photography biz was super flexable too!  Check out my old site to see pics. ) 
The man formally known as D-dawg.  Isn't he dreamy?  HeHeHE
This is the cutest beach babe evah!  Now I have snow bunnies?  I luv it!
I seriously had this pic of me looking in the rear view on the boat as I drove, pulling Dusty skiing as my facebook pic a couple of years ago! 

 

(Anyway, now that I took you down memory lane and a bunny trail...)

I almost pinned him against the wall and laid a wet one on him until I realized where I was.  Anyway, Amber was not impressed.  So I suggested that we find her a brother that is close to her age or even a big brother.  Dusty said like 17?  lol.  Amber got her mama like attitude fired up and told him, No daddy, a brother I can carry!!!  I temporarily forgot our many previous family talks some started by Dusty himself about why we feel led to adopt some day.  A few moments later we arrived at the B-day party we were to attend  a friend was talking about her friend that had a sophomore, and a senior in high school and then 14 years after a her hubby had a vasectomy she got prego again!!!  I felt this sick feeling in my stomach and was soon reminded of Dusty's 14 year plan... him, me, God on a boat somewhere,  And that Dusty too has had that surgery (after much prayer, council, and many medical issues due to a bad DNC after a miscarriage 5 years ago.)
The closer Dusty and I get to knowing God the Father and receiving his love, the further in love we fall.  The more we like the sound of being together just us again some day.  (I cannot believe that is where we are today after years spent living in a numb marriage.)  The deeper we press into God's plan for our family the more joy and security we have.  More than any life spent chasing the wind and the desires of our flesh ever did.  Our past life was not all bad, there was alot of good, but it all lead to this place.  All of it, a part of his beautiful plan for us.  The past 7 days I have had to Trust God for the next days meals and where they were coming from as we await our support check to hit the bank and yes I had a REALLY bad day as a result, but then God.  No matter what, then God.  Then God is there still transforming us, still providing for us and with his infinite wisdom showing us his heart for the less fortunate. Wow. 


God, please let Amber and Ava's need for a little brother be filled in other ways temporarily and God, could you maybe bring us an Amber aged 'brother' instead, or a '17' year old brother like Dusty suggested?  Or, God, just have your way with us....turns out that I have not missed the Boat or lake much since we gave it all up to serve you.  You are so good at replacing our earthly desires with eternal desires.  I fully trust you with this.  I believe in your deep love for us.  Thanks you for being trustworthy Father.
Thank you for your provision and thank you Jesus for interceding on behalf of my wavering self to the Father.



4 comments: