Friday, September 9, 2011

Students, attention please;)

Well, well well
We are off to yet another amazing year of homeschooling.  This year we are doing it abroad.  Last year we started off our studies traveling via Dodge pick-up truck stateside.  We toured the country for months, landed in our fav place (Kansas) and then to Colorado for the start of the holiday season.  This year we will start week 2 traveling via coach bus down the coast of Asia minor. 

I wish I had an exciting photo for you of our new school year, but we began school during our 2 week vacation and well, it has served me best to not pick up a camera the past 2 weeks.
So, next week maybe. 
This week, the memories made of soaking up some A/C and doing whole lot of relaxing will have to be kept in my mind forever. 

How very charming I must say. 

I have 2 weeks of my life unrecorded.  Which means no images to pain stakingly edit, fuss over, post to Facebook and so on.  A real vaca I must say.  I won't pretend that I have always been this way.  You know what I am referring to.  The mama who plans all outings around the photo opps.  The clothes, the hair, the props (Daddy's clothes). 
The days spent in too, where we do ordinary things and photograph them from edgy angles and add cool blurred out backgrounds for dramatic effect. 

Ahhh, photographic freedom I have experienced.


(Pause,
I must really go get the camera and look at it see confirm that I did indeed not take a photo in 15 days, be right back......)

It's true, no photos! 
But, Amber and I did take Ava's birthday portraits just before we went on vaca.  And here they are. 
9 is big by the way. 

 Couldn't post with out pics, that is pushing it way to far for this mama. 
Amber is qiute the little assistant.  She loves the details involved in
photography.  Like remembering to tell mama
that she left her lense on the curb and so on.
I have always needed a person assistant.

Thank you Jesus for Amber doodle!

She can take good images too. 

Chow for now.  Hopefully I will be able to recover from all of the love via food I was served.  For example, tonight we ate at a German families house with a woman raised in Africa married to a New Yorker.  That all spoke to each other in turkish, but then translated it into english some of the time.  While drinking strawberry tea, 4 cups of coffee and eating a delish dinner.  The many children all played for hours, then a couple from Canada dropped on by to say good bye.  (they also have hosted us and while doing so fed us italian)
My American ego is shrinking. 
I think this is a good thing. 
I am the minority? 
It's true.   

Hey,
But, at least
I am learning alot
of new things!  Like
how to eat cheese that
always tastes like a goat,
to eat lamb and pretend it's
beef.  And to get creative with my
cooking!  Wait, Um, I have not had a
kitchen in 18 months and will have one tomorrow! 
I am a bit nervous about the pressure I feel from the fam to
return to the old ways of life.  Pre-'total life' change and what not.
What shall I cook for dinner tomorrow night?  this is the million dollar question~
Chow;)

No comments:

Post a Comment