Look at the handsome birthday boy, and the plate of goodies that I was served at his party tonight!
They sang happy birthday to him but before they did they turned out the lights so that the candles really had a chance to glow in the darkness.
Ahhh, I am so blessed right now-
This little mama, Fatma is due to have her 3rd kiddo in 20 days, but tonight her son had his
4th birthday celebration. As we were grilling chicken on the barbie her husband came
across the street for the first time ever,
(we actually had never seen him before)
to invite our family to the party that was to be in 20 minutes.
If you read the post from a few days ago I chatted some about how
I felt God tell me to take a cake to this little mama and so we did.
Then I asked you all to pray.
Well, thanks cause tonight we met
face to face with her husband, and 2 other families.
Her husband is the head waiter at the nicest resturant in town and works
15ish hours a day until late hours in the night and that
is why we have never seen him before.
He was honored to have us in his home and
we were honored to have come.
I am so excited to see how God will move in this relationship.
I am desperate to know my neighbors better. I have so much to learn from them.
So much to understand and even to just hear the language is a huge help.
I want friends that are not from the West. I want a real turkish girlfriend.
I want friends that are not from the West. I want a real turkish girlfriend.
Thank you out there, those of you that prayed for something to come of the
stepping out with the cake thing.
It is a huge gift to be welcomed into a home here.
(As this city if full of Brits, like our 'snow birds' from the States
it is harder to make relationships that go beyond buying goods.)
Thank you so much.



No comments:
Post a Comment