So, we had Chicken actually, Not Turkey. 'Cause whole turkeys here in Turkey are not all that common it turns out and are expensive. This life is all about being flexible, right?
I have learned so many amazing things from our pal Apo the cooking man. I decided to bring this yummy stuff he taught me how to make....Cacik (or Tzatziki).
Yum. So, you take a little Dill....(Actually a lot of Dill.)
Get out the shredder.....
slap some skinless cukumbers through (2)...
You'll have to strain them for about 10 minutes.
3ish cups of plain, Turkish (Greek) style yogart. It's just called yogart here. HaHa.
A few teaspoons of this amazing stuff, thank you Jesus for the person who brought me this.
You also need to press and add 2 actual cloves of Garlic and extra salt to taste.
And Whallah, you have delish-ousness! My peeps love this on flat bread.
Thanks Rachel for helping me mash the potatoes with a champange glass. Because in this summer rental we are staying in, there are not the normal kitchen needs (because no one stays longer than 10 days here usually) so we'se had to improvise!
Wowee, that food was pleantiful and we were all so grateful. The amazing staff and students pulled together and all pitched in to make this one yummy meal in the name of our Father God and his love for us. Michelle if your out there, that is your banana pudding I made and everyone LOVED it ;) Thanks for the recipe.
Ava, quit with thte karate please, I need a pic for "Embrace the Camera" I was thinking, turns out I like the first photo way better.
Ahh, i love them!
Dusty and his homies, Levant, Apo and The owner of the Hotel the school calls home.
Um, thanks Dusty for your creative portraits of your buddy. This is halarious.
I am not even sure what to say , other than...
this will make the best facebook profile pic evah yo.
Nice pic Ava, I needed something festive like this for a Thanksgiving post-
Hey Amber, what are you doing? She replys, Playing in the fire....
Thanks Amy, I was wanting some Turksih Chai.
I am so Glad I learned to get over my self and love this guy, and further more receive his love.
Just as the night was winding down, a man was healed of a chronic arm pain due to a prayer spoken in faith but then....
FIVE cakes rolled in off the street from another new friend that came. They were bought , FOR THE KIDS of course. It was an incredible night of God moving, people feeling the joy of the Lord (literally) and bottom line, good 'ole fellowship.
Nice cake Ava, and love the scarf as well. Are you really almost 10? WHAT?
2.5 weeks left of school. Wow, it has flown on by. Last weeks teachings were all about Sodalities and Modalities. Huh? I was clueless untill last week and this week is a week on Spiritual Warfar and covanent. Amazing 2 weeks we have had. Blessings all!




















No comments:
Post a Comment