Ah man, this one was a toughy. This girl goes way back. Christie and I had a great day of hanging out at the Gager's house while our 5 girls (and one lil' Gager man)took advantage of the beautiful day by playing outside. (Ava caught a 3" praying mantis and it was the hype.)
They had so much fun, we talked, teared up, laughed and shared updates and as she said goodbye she asked me not to go with out calling her for a month. This is my issue. I am the girl who 'thinks' and does not do a whole lot of 'feeling'. My Christie is just the opposite. So, when I leave I will 'think' about missing my peeps, but I can easily detach, especially knowing we are going out to further the kingdom. As soon as my feet touch down on new soil I fill my mind with the tasks to conquer, leaving mot much room for out of sight things. (Whew, thank goodness for my friends blogs!) I am so thankful for sister's like Christie and Christina Elliott that share their hearts with me like this, making thier requests made known so that I can work on staying connected, for both of our sake! And to work on prefering others like J.C. did so well. (Jesus that is.) It is a hard thing to grasp for a black and white....chop chop.... get'er done, kind of mama.
Tonight, my old small group met and went to the KC Pumpkin Patches' Cornmaze. It was so fun. We all got sitters, ate smores by a fire and wondered around in the dark in the maze. FUN! I have not a purse sized camera anylonger, (Arrrg) time for a new one, so Jenny Franklin took the pics. Hope to post some soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment