Saturday, April 23, 2011

A NEW DAY Is coming!

Ever wonder what those women thought as they saw the resurrected Jesus for the first time?  I do. 
He was recognizable to them. 

Matthew 28

Jesus Has Risen
 1 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
 2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
 5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
 8 So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.”

I want to be like them.  To know my Savior when I see himRight away, with out hesitation.  Without a doubt. 
To know Him so intimately.

I am learning these past few months that it's all about the journey.  About the time we take to get to know Him better.  The way we do the little things.  The things on the way to the destination.  (I will admit, this used to be hogwash to me.)

I think this is why they knew it was He. 

So, we have officially heard some news about what the next year of our lives look like.  Our outreach locations are a secret until next week, but I will say, that we will be in Turkey for sure from Sept-Feb.  July 1st we will leave with a team from the CDTS also for 2 months.  These 2 seasons will basically run right into each other.  Whew, just Like i like it! lol.  I have loved the journey getting to this point, but the Northrops' are Trailblazers,
ya know? Sitting on the sidelines seemed ridiculous to me at first...
But now I get it.  Better than I did before at least.

I am so ready to Go, like He has asked us to do!  I am so Thankful that He has prepared us!!
I am ready for Dusty to invite another Cabdriver to Church,
to meet more families at the beach that love to talk about why on earth would we Americans come all the way to Asia, (I love telling them why, most of the time they think i am crazy.....at first that is),
ready for Amber Lou to ask to do something crazy for Jesus,
like hand out her water to Grumpy looking men
(did ya notice how they lit up at her offer, and could they resist...NO!),
 and I saved the best for last....Fellowshipping with new friends. 
Just because. 
For no other reason than to share the love of Christ with them. 

Explaining my tattoo,
 the guy serving us Coke below had the same tattoo as me, but in Turkish and to Allah. 

His eyes said I want to know the god you wrote about on your arm, stay and tell us about Him. 

Okay, now i am crying. 
One last thing before I go, look at the faces of these below.  Their Nation is THE Least Reached in the World.  And Our Father has asked us to go there and tell them about Him.  WHAT?
How did I get this amazing privilege.
Okay, This sickling (recovering from Strep) needs a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment