Friday, January 27, 2012

Basketball , playdates and sleep overs Rock

Is there anything better than a girl who knows her own unique self?  I love it.

 Basketball has been so fun for Amber and for the fam too.  We used to jam pack our schedules with cheer, soccer, basketball, AWANA, gymnastics dance and so on.  And on....
 But now it is not that way. 
And sometimes I feel really torn. 
Like, what am I doing with these girls'. 
They are missing out on so many American kid things. 
Like organized sports, and church activities.  You know, the things I used to totally take for granted.  And the things that I used to let run my life and that kept me from having to ever slow down long enough to actually do and hear .......
nothing.  Silence.  A place to Hear, the voice of the living God.  As he whispers sweetly to my heart.
 Balance I say!  Find it at all cost.  For me it took extreme measures,
maybe not for you.  Fight for it.
Now, God meets all of my needs and he does a WAY better job meeting their needs than I ever did.  Like this here baskeball team.  My Bff Trudi's daughter is on this team and they were short players.  We rolled into KC and whallah.  Amber was on a team.  That easy.  No striving.
 Now on to Sleepover friends! 
The Wade girls are fav's of the Northrop girls. 
The 2 biggs have the same birthday and Ava referres to them as twins.  After a year apart they fell right back into the groove.  What a blessing.  The night before some other friends took then swimming all night. 
We had a weekend off of parenting almost.  God is so good to me!

 And the day before that, we went to the Haighs house to see them and the Pempin crew!!  So fun it was.
 Then this week is was back to ball practice.  Usually Ava is in the "stuff"  This time is is Ambers time to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment