Saturday, December 4, 2010

The True Saint. Nicholas


What a great night. The girls and I decorated Christmas ornaments for a party the girls have tomorrow and did some readin'!
We finished a great book tonight from a list of books to read aloud for My Father's World.  The girls were brushing my hair,  I was loving it....so I grabbed another book to read some in.  We have a few weeks off from our home school  reading list so I started this amazing book.

Dusty just walked in on my blogging, hold on.......

Time out, I have to share about his way cool night.  Mine was chilling with the girls reading a book and making ornaments and his was spent with Cory. 
Cory is homeless, a  missionary to the homeless .  This guy looks like a biblical character, almost like what we westerners might think Jesus looked like.  When you talk to him his heart for Christ spills over onto your shoulders.  He is the real deal and Dusty is captivated by him.  They both have the gift of friendship evangelism and the gift of Woo.  You know, the kind that woo you in and convince you your pretty even when your not feeling pretty , or the kind that sell you something and on your way out the door you think to your self, hope I see that guy again, now what was he selling?  lol.  He just told me of their evening spent at Starbucks and really whats happening is Cory is feeding Dusty, giving him vision and a fresh revelation of the heart of God for the lost.  With the CDTS or Crossroads DTS coming up in April Dusty is scanning the known universe seeking out God's heart for local outreach.  When the students arrive with their families he wants to put what they are learning into action weekly by reaching out here in this city first.  I cannot believe I married this guy, he is quite the AMAZING man. 

So, now he is asking to hang out and watch a movie, and well I must that after he just shared his heart the way he did I'll do anything for him! lol.  More about the book later!

No comments:

Post a Comment