(the bucket list )BEGINS.....
So, with the count down on until we leave the States again to head back to Asia....
I decided I would document the fun things the Girls
asked of us as parents before we left to fulfill God's plans.
You know, things that will comfort an American kid abroad.
Like good memories & simple things that they used to enjoy before we asked them to sell their Barbie Jeep and hit the road to follow hard and fast after God's will for our family.
Like good memories & simple things that they used to enjoy before we asked them to sell their Barbie Jeep and hit the road to follow hard and fast after God's will for our family.
WOoh, hold on tight while the big gorilla shakes to get the maximum amount of tickets sister!
I think we will play Ski ball in the Big House together. With blue balls and intense focus. Without a competive spirit or envy of course...
Proverbs 17:22 tells us that to be able to laugh is good medicine for our weary souls.
I believe fostering fun is about trying to celebrate life in the midst of everything we do –
work, relationships, life’s circumstances, and ministry.
This was all about ministering to their hearts I thought,
but I ended up being being ministered to also! Watching my girls laugh and play was contagious.
I had no choice but to get in on the fun.
Chuck sure does know how to do it right on a $15 budget.
I was impressed as to how it all went down.
The girls' and I had a blast Cheeses' place.
A small pizza, 50 tokens and 150ish tickets, and a barrel of laughs. How about all of the cool pics I took so that they can scrap them when we get to the other side of the sea. You know, so that when we are having a
"Mom, I cannot believe I can't see my friends or Grandma today.."
I can remind them of the super fun times we had while back this time.
Ummm, hope it works!
On to a few other things on the list....
Find folding scooters that weigh no more than 5 lbs. and fit in a suitcase.
Check.
These girls' are pumped.
We are indeed back on the cool parent list.
YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS MINI VIDEO CLIP TO BELIEVE IT...
Yes, the wheeles blink and Amber's throws flames as she pushes on the brake. Hope this is not seen as a WWMD as we pass through customs.
It has been 2 years almost to the day that these girls sold thier scooters
along with our entire household to train in how to 'go in to all the world and share the love of God.'
It feels good knowing we can rebuild again, dig some roots...
after these precious years of learning, traveling and learning to really truly LIVE , BECAUSE HE LIVES, in a whole new way.
And last today but not at all least today on the Bucket list comes,
(cause this Chica is CUTE....)
(cause this Chica is CUTE....)
Ava was in need of
new glasses and a new tooth.
new glasses and a new tooth.
a Tooth? you say...
While gone the last time, she had a tooth come in
(right next to her front top tooth)
that is about half the thickness of what it is susposed to be.
Meant for sensivity towards hot and cold, and recently kids teasing her.
No smiles here unfortunatly to show off, just the big girl glasses....
but it looks great and feels almost 100% she said.
(right next to her front top tooth)
that is about half the thickness of what it is susposed to be.
Meant for sensivity towards hot and cold, and recently kids teasing her.
No smiles here unfortunatly to show off, just the big girl glasses....
but it looks great and feels almost 100% she said.
She is wearing adult small size glasses now. So adorable, and did I minsion how the funds for these glasses came just in the nick of time, like the day they were ready to pick up? Thanks Jakie, for your generous heart.
More fun Bucket list adventures to come....
We have a couple of weddings,
1000 miles to drive,
another trip to Grandma and Grandpas'
house a the Lake and much more!
Thanks Emily for showing me the fun of handing ouver the camera to my kiddo and
having her get me in a photo. Your inheritance reaches across the Blogg-o-sphere into the memories of many families. May your blessings today come in an extra large portion sister.











Your daughter is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLaughter is indeed, the best medicine! What amazing memories you are creating with your family!
ReplyDeleteWhat an adventure! Are you heading out or just coming back or both!?!? Way to go demonstrating what it means to walk it out!
ReplyDeleteThose are some fantastic memories! Her glasses are super cute! Blessings on your journeys!
ReplyDelete